The Internal Audit (IA) Specialist performs all audit types i.e. “Financial and Operational
” in accordance with Internal Audit plan and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The IA Specialist effectively executes a wide range of IA activities in a high quality and timely manner. In their role, they perform activities that include planning and developing work programs, identifying recommendations for continuous improvement in processes and controls, communicating results, and following up on issues reported. The IA Specialist works independently with limited required direction and guidance from the supervisor.
- Assist in development of the Internal Audit Department’s annual audit plan; schedule and plan audits
- Allocate responsibilities to junior and staff auditors, and Review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance.
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial, and investigative audits, as assigned.Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager.
- Execute internal review activities, including process reviews, segregation of duties reviews, procedures reviews, and other global controls reviews
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency and coordinate periodical audits
- Prepare audit reports and work papers to ensure adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Manage auditee relationship, including facilitating meetings and discussions of findings, and presentation of draft and final reports in a professional manner
- As appropriate, identify opportunities for continuous improvement of accounting, financial, and other processes and evaluation of reorganization-driven risk.
- Keep up-to-date of state laws & regulations as well as company policies and procedures, current developments in the accounting and auditing fields.
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within MOO.
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Audit; master’s degree and professional certification are pluses
- Fluent English Language written and Spoken
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- 10 years of experience in Auditing
- Prior Oil industry experience is a plus
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Up to 40 years old is preferable.