MABRUK OIL OPERATIONS
Location of Position:
Ensure the analysis, interpretation and synthesis of geophysical data.
· Validate geophysical data.
· Interpretation and calibration of geophysical data for follow-up and planning of drilling campaign onshore and offshore areas.
· Contribute to the preparation of the ‘Intent to Drill’ and Final Well report by providing the seismic input.
· Reservoir characterization from seismic. Active participation in geological model construction in cooperation with reservoir geologists, engineers and specialists (structural interpretation and seismic attributes studies).
· Follow-up of technical aspects of seismic processing or acquisition jobs and contracts (tests, supervision,.) when necessary.
· Recommend special studies if needed.
· Propose and guarantee original solutions to complex issues.
· Recommend and Prepare seismic acquisition programmes and follow up the acquisition activities.
· Play a major role in supervising Seismic Processing jobs.”
· Report all geophysical issues to G&G Manager in a timely manner.
· Participate in peer previews, committees, study reviews, etc…
· Guarantee the communication with Drilling and Reservoir department.
· Represents the Geophysics vis-à-vis partners (Take part in technical meetings).
· Ensure the supervision of geophysical tasks in the Reservoir geophysics section.
· Coordinate with Data Management on issues related to Charisma software and Unix System.
· Ensure the Charisma geophysical and geological database updating and archiving (in coordination with data management staff).
· Ensure editing and drawing tasks of geophysical reports and/or presentations.
· Participate actively to a good team spirit and working atmosphere within Geology and Geophysics and other Departments.
· Ensure coaching and on the job training of junior staff.
· Ensure that all activities, especially operations, are in compliance with HSE guidelines.
- Education: BSc/MSc in Geophysics
- Experience: Minimum 10-15 years with min. 3-5 years in seismic and reservoir characterization.
- Required competencies:
- Reservoir (Development) geophysics
- Being familiar with all geophysical applications
- To be fluent in the English Language