Published date: 7 th October 2013
Activities · To ensure that all planed MOO drilling operations are thoroughly engineered, programmed, and implemented in safe and efficient manner in compliance with the prescribed requirements and standards.
· To prepare drilling engineering programs, reports and procedures, and ensure that such reports are in accordance with the MOO policy and procedures.
· Prepare the wells’ AFE and contribute to the consolidation of wells’ ITD, prepare and issue corresponding drilling program.
· Prepare in liaison with other drilling sections the standing drilling instructions (SDI) related to the drilling operations.
· Carry out the technical studies for drilling operations, associated with the development program (well trajectory feasibility, drilling hydraulic and BHA design, drill bits, well bore stability, etc) and propose solutions to improve the course of drilling development.
· Maintain the Wellview and the Advise data base, write the drilling sections of the “End of Well Report”, compile the final document, prepare and issue weekly/ monthly /annual reports. · Participate, in collaboration with the drilling superintendent follow-up and assess the performance of the drilling contractors and service companies, analyse their non-productive time (NPT) and provide solutions in view of their improvement.
· Participate to the preparation of drilling services call for tenders, analyse the technical and economical bid and propose recommendation of award and manage corresponding service contracts.
· Anticipate in liaison with drilling superintendent the needs (LLI). · Scout technological novelties (Rotary steerable, etc), assesses their suitability to Company’s operational requirements, evaluate their commercial and technical impact and make recommendations for implementation when advisable.
· Provide input to budget preparation, prepare rig site cost control price book and follow up incurred costs.
· Perform frequent rig site visit and ensure proper implementation of programs, procedures and new techniques.
Accountabilities · Handle by himself the Drilling Engineer position. · Realization of onshore Drilling objectives · Contribute to optimization of costs and lead times, through continuous improvement of equipment, services, and procedures Contribute to the implementation of TOTAL Group set of terms of reference in the field of Drilling engineering. Qualifications / experience required · Education : B.Sc. in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent, Computer literate, fluent English. Professional experience: Minimum 5 years in oil industry, Good knowledge of all services provided by drilling services companies